2009-03-11

Chicken and Biscuit Lunchbox

The Kid is having an insect unit in Kindergarten, so I've tweaked these leftovers to give him a buggy lunch. Bees were the featured insect on this day, so he is eating a Honey Mustard Chicken Strip (with corn meal instead of panko) and a Buttermilk(less) Biscuit with honey in the middle. They are accompanied by Keebler Graham Cracker Bug Bites, grapes, apple juice/water mixture, and a strip of bug stickers.
The lunch is a little carb heavy and veggie light, but I'm sending it over to Margo at Coffee and Vanilla for March's Wholesome Lunchbox event anyway with a big welcome back at her return from a romantic stay in Jamaica!

1 comment:

Coffee and Vanilla said...

I'm always happy to see your entry! :) I will not miss it this time, I promise. Those bug biscuits are soo cute!
Thank you, our stay in Jamaica was really great... wish we could stay longer...