2008-11-20

Pumpkin Mini Pies

The Kid's Kindergarten class is having their Thanksgiving party today, where (almost) everyone will enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. The teacher is good about letting me know well in advance about any food activities or events that I'll need to provide a substitution for, but it adds some additional stress to an already tight schedule. I decided to try to make something simple that would hopefully survive the trip to school in a five year old's backpack.
6 Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts (Keebler Ready Crust)
1 C cooked pureed pumpkin
1/2 C vanilla soy yogurt
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 Tbs corn starch
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
turbinado sugar to sprinkle generously on top
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients except crusts and turbinado sugar in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Fill pie crusts with mixture, dividing evenly between all six. Smooth the filling or give it a stir to create a spiral pattern. Place mini pies on a cookie sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle pies with turbinado sugar to completely cover top surfaces. Return to oven for another 10 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
This is my first submission to Sugar High Friday. The amazingly popular event's theme this month is "All That Glitters,"so I'm sending my sparkly little pies to Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy yum yum! I do love the pumpkin pie, and minis, well, they're just cute.

Maggie said...

Delicious looking pie! I love how easy the filling would be to make. If you start looking for phyllo try looking for these phyllo cups. I made teeny-tiny pumpkin pies in them one year and Alex loved them!

Anonymous said...

this looks yummy!i like the mini pie idea!

test it comm said...

Mini pumpkin pies sound like a great treat!

Susan said...

Thank you so much for your SHF offering.

I have SO many squash to process. Many would be proud to be snuggled in these beautiful mini pies.